- What are you sleeping on now? Is the mattress an innerspring? Is it old and too soft? Is it too firm?
- What is the underlying foundation that your mattress is on? Is it a box spring which would move with the mattress or is it an orthopedic foundation (no springs) which is the most rigid support for your mattress? Is it properly supporting your mattress or could it be part of the problem?
- What problems are you experiencing? Are you tossing and turning? Are you waking up throughout the night because of discomfort? Does your mattress have indentations or “ditches”.
- Do you have soreness in the morning from pressure points? If so, where specifically do you hurt? Do you have loss of circulation resulting in numbness?
- Do you have any illnesses or injuries that would effect your sleep or would effect your firmness selection because of their existence?
- What is your height and weight? This shows the body proportion and how evenly weight is distributed over the mattress surface.
- Are you a back sleeper, side sleeper, stomach sleeper or combination? Back sleepers can handle and generally prefer a firmer mattress. Side and stomach sleepers generally have difficulty on a too firm mattress that doesn’t have enough give and softness to comfortably contour to their body.
- What feel in a mattress do you generally prefer?
We all have different individual preferences when it comes to the type of mattress we like and there’s no perfect formula for selection. Answering these questions should help as a beginning guide on considerations for your latex mattress purchase.
There’s so much information on the internet about latex–not all of the information is accurate. This series of articles is designed to summarize what you need to know about latex and give you the confidence to shop properly and make knowledgeable comparisons knowing the facts. The ultimate goal is to find what’s the best mattress for YOU!
Want Live Help to Analyze Your Answers to These Questions?—“We’re here to help you get it right!”
Our “Select Sleep” Allows You to Choose the Individual Design of Your Mattress!
Proud Member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ Rating!
Sleep EZ is a Third Generation Family Owned Business!